Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Testing an Electric Blanket

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:25:30 -0400, (Fred McKenzie) put
finger to keyboard and composed:

James Sweet wrote:

Ah it's the greatest thing in cold winters, the wires are heavily
insulated, they're inside a blanket, and over a sheet. Cloth doesn't
conduct, what are the chances of actually getting electrocuted?

James-

I think the chances are slim, but the OP had a special problem.
Considering the risks, one might decide to avoid use of an electric
blanket in some circumstances, unless there was an additional plastic
sheet between the user and the blanket. (The alternative of non-electric
blankets may be an undesireable choice due to the additional weight
required.)

I'd suggest dispensing with the electric blanket and pre-warming the
bed with a portable fan heater.

- Franc Zabkar