Posted to alt.home.repair
Joshua Putnam Joshua Putnam is offline

Default Is Knob-and-Tube *Always* Dangerous?

In article .com,
says...
As it happens I've just been updating my list of issues that affect
underwriting in Chicago and Suburbs, based on conversations with local
agents.

As an insurance agent, I wish more home inspectors were aware of what
conditions can lead to insurance problems.

Insurance companies aren't just worried about gross deficiencies,
they're worried about anything that significantly increases the risk
of loss. A house can be fully code-compliant and structurally sound,
but still be very difficult to insure.

There's nothing more frustrating than telling a first-time home buyer
that their dream house doesn't qualify for standard insurance.
Almost inevitably, the first words out of their mouths are, "But it
passed inspection!"

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/