Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default laptop fan

ian field wrote:

"Mark Fortune" wrote in message
ian field wrote:
"kell" wrote in message
oups.com...

mc wrote:

"kell" wrote in message
egroups.com...

It hasn't gone kablooie yet, but the fan in my Toshiba Satellite
A15-S129 has started making a buzzing noise. Before it goes, I'd like
to know, can I buy this part, and how hard is it to replace?

I would suggest cleaning the dust off it with a vacuum cleaner and/or a
can
of compressed gas, and maybe lubricating it if you can get a drop of oil
into it.

Ounce of prevention. Works for me!

Some fans have a rubber bung hidden under the label, you can peel the
label and pry out the bung to drip a few spots of oil into the bearing.
Or I know one tec who uses a syringe straight through the label and
bung - apparently neat Slick 50 works very well!

i've noticed maplin have started selling lubricant in a heroin-junkie
style needle now. I imagine its useful for lubing fans.

Mark

.....................and killing off junkies!!!

They would have a lot of trouble with a blunt needle. I had to buy
some real needles and medical syringes when I need to poke a hole into a
part. I use a whetstone to blunt the tips of needles I use for flux and
grease.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell