Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Foxwood Foxwood is offline

Default Sanding is like smoking cigars

Gerald Ross wrote:
When I was in college I smoked 5 cent King Edwards. From there it was
White Owls at 10 cents each. When I went off to university there was a
tobacco shop nearby so I got to liking 50 cent, 75 cent and even $1
cigars. That's when I quit. Couldn't afford it.

Until I got hooked on turning, I was satisfied with sandpaper. It really
looked like sand stuck to glue paper. On a rotating bowl, that stuff is
poof and it is gone. I was ordering some better paper and found several
brands that I liked. They had Mirka Royal 240 grit on closeout so I
tried a pack of that. It was a new league of sanding. Now I am wondering
about ordering some in other grits. It is about $25 plus shipping for 50
sheets. Maybe I should have stayed with cigars and forgot about wood
turning.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

A man's got to know his limitations.

http://www.mimf.com/archives/toxic.htm

the above address will put you off cigars!!