Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] susheemg@gmail.com is offline

Default Question about Operation of Trane XR-11 A/C Unit

I moved into a newly renovated condo about 5 months ago in Boston. It
has an XR-11 A/C Unit for central air. About two weeks ago, I finally
turned it on, and though some air was being sucked through the air
filter, there was no noticable air coming out of the vents. I left the
A/C running for more than 6 hours, and there was no change in the
indoor temp.

When I talked to the seller, he said that it takes days to cool the
place down when you first turn on the A/C. However, I noticed that the
fan outside does not turn when I turn the A/C on, but he said that this
was normal. I have checked all of the circuit breakers and all of them
are fine.

Is this normal? Is there something wrong with my A/C unit?

Please help me. I am at my wit's end and my wife and I want our A/C
running.

thanks,
Susheem