Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown PipeDown is offline

Default Property Survey

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news:IEqxg.7854$nh1.3814@trndny07...

"PipeDown" wrote in message
In the case of my (Milpitas, CA) house, property lines are very obviously
deliniated by fences. A detailed survey would be a waste of money for me
as there is really no chance for error with these small regular sized
lots (55' x 100')

My co-worker that spent $15,000 in legal fees over a property line/fence
issue on her small lot will be gad to hear that. Will she be getting a
refund?

"in my case" dosen't mean "in her case" too

I sure hope she recovered $15,000 worth of land or it was a waste of money
(defined as when you spend more than you recover). Around here property is
about $50 to $100 per SF depending on if you count the structure's value or
not (just taking my assessed value and dividing by the total SF). But when
you fued with your neighbor, those things are moot. Future gains in land
value will eventually mitigate that cost.

She won't get a refund unless the lawyer was negligent and she sues him too
for legal malpractice. Or unless the settlement included payment for said
charges.