Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan_Musicant Dan_Musicant is offline

Default Ants, Lots of Ants

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 11:29:53 -0400, Stubby
wrote:

:If you're cheap like me, half borax and half sugar will do the job.

I have some commercial stuff, a liquid which contains boric acid, but
I've found that the ants don't care for it. I mix a drop of it with a
drop of pancake syrup and they are much more interested.

I have the same problem every year, usually a bout in the winter and
another in the summer. I'm fighting off the summer invasion right now.
Every ant I see is a dead ant. When I see several, I wipe the area with
a sponge, because I'm convinced that the ants leave a trail that tells
other ants "hey, I like this place, I found a crumb of this, a few
molecules of that." This keeps them in check. I haven't found external
colonies, but maybe they are there. I suspect they are living within the
walls, however.

:Steve wrote:
: What is the best procuct for getting rid of ants? I see a bunch around my
: kitchen window and sink, and I kill them, and minutes later there are more.
: They are the really small ones.
: I think they are in the walls. Do they live in the ground, and just travel
: thru the wall to the kitchen?
:
: I do keep my kitchen very clean, so it's not like there are food crumbs
: laying around.