Posted to alt.home.repair
john john is offline

Default Help with painting metal railing?

Hello.. Could someone recommend the best way for me to paint this metal
railing by my front door ? I have a picture of it here -

http://www.newjerseyweather.com/metal-railing.jpg

As you can see the paint is already crumbling off from last year's
coating... Yes, I actually had it looking good last year.

I asked my dad and other friends...and most people seem to have the same
problem... Its so hard to keep a good coating of paint on these types of
railing.. Its such a pain in the butt to paint too. I used a brush last
year.

Any recommendations on types of paint and methods to use would be much
appreciated.

thanks much,

John