Posted to rec.woodworking
Patriarch Patriarch is offline

Default where to buy dye for wood floors

"jo_jo" wrote in news:1153839470.887002.116230@
75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

snip
Anyways, I think I'd like to dye the floor and will experiment with
sealing the wood before the dye, I suppose, then finishing the floor
with waterlox as I'm a little on the fence about poly. I'm also
considering handscraping the floor if I can find a scrub plane. But I
may just buy a stanley plane and have a local reshape the blade.

Why would you try to scrape a floor with a scrub plane? Wrong tool.

Look for a cabinet scraper or a scraping plane, if that's what you want to
do. Scrubs are for aggressive stock removal, before you use two other
planes to clean up the mess. Not for floors,IMO.

Best wishes with your project!

Patriarch