Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] edwardkslee@gmail.com is offline

Default bsmnt subfloor?

The floor is cold, especially in the winter time. Cushioning is not an
issue. Yes I meant 'dricore'... thanks for the input on your
subfloor... how high did it end up being?

Robert Haar wrote:
On 2006/7/25 12:11 AM, "
wrote:

i'm finishing my basement and i'm planning to put carpet and linoleum
for the floor. do i NEED a subfloor?

Depends - Is the floor cold? Do you want more cushion?

i'm thinking of using dricor (dricor.com) subfloor only in the bathroom
and everywhere else there's carpet, to use a really good quality
underlay with no subfloor. is this good practice?

Do you mean DriCore (www.dricore.com) ?

I have not used that product, but I created my own system for a room that us
on a concrete slab. I put down a layer of poly sheeting, then laid out
sleepers made from 4" wide strips of 1/2" exterior plywood. Filled in
between with sheets of 1/2 inch Styrofoam. Then covered with 3/4" plywood
sub floor.

This made the room much warmer and softer to walk on.