Posted to alt.home.repair
RayV RayV is offline

Default Any tricks for One-Man Toilet Replacing?

wrote:
So I changed the wax ring on a toilet that overflowed. Did a real nice
clean-up job. Trying to position a toilet over the bolts by yourself
is like trying to (pardon the vulgarism) pop a zit on your back. I
tried using duct tape to position the bolts straight, so I could plop
the toilet over them. Didn't work. I ended up bending one of the
bolts, and now I can't get the nut/washer combo to secure the terlet to
the floor tightly.

Does anyone have any trick on how to replace toilets if you're working
alone?

Thanks, always.

You could try removing the tank from the base to lighten the toilet,
all it takes is removing the two bolts holding it on. It they appear
rusted I wouldn't try it.