Gel

Default BT socket with older style wiring?

Relax & leave as is; I'm sure BT have seen such installations before; after
all youre in clear as new occupier.

Mark S. wrote in message . ..
I've got BT coming Monday to connect my phone line but it's dangling
on the wall due to the previous tennants/owners either smashing it or
stealing it.
The wiring looks to be some older type, black outer with three yellow
wires, green, orange and I think black maybe.

Is it possible to get a master socket anywhere on a Sunday and where
do I find out how to wire it up with the old wires.
Failing that would they just look at the wire and condem it and rewire
it back to the pole considering I want ADSL installing and it looks
like it would fail the noise test anyway.

Mark S.