Posted to uk.d-i-y
andyv andyv is offline

Default Shower pressure still low after adding shower pump

wrote:
Hi

We have just installed a pump (1.5 bar, Varispeed 50) to increase the
pressure of our shower. However, although the pump does increase the
pressure, the change is quite small and the pressure in the shower is
still low. The plumber tells us that this is because our pipes are too
narrow to feed the pump at a high enough rate. Could this be the
explanation? Is there anything else we can try? The pump is positioned
less than 1m away from the shower, close to the hot water cylinder. The
cold water tank is in the attic.

cheers
Barry

This is to tell you of what happened to me. I had a 1 bar shower pump,
but the pressure was pathetic. I switched it to a 3 bar pump and it
still wasn't up to much.

I then decided to swap over the mixer unit, and discovered that hidden
behind the cover plates on the mixer were two isolating valves. These
were almost closed!

I now have a very powerful shower which I have to keep turned down to
conserve water.