Posted to alt.home.repair
Melanie Melanie is offline

Default Removing last of the carpet tack strips

The evil carpet installer used way too much glue on some of the tack
strips. I pried up most of them but some broke through and have left
about 2 or 3 mm worth of wood and glue sticking to the concrete.

No they're not nailed into the concrete and the nails in the tack
strips I removed just fine.

I'll be laying down moisture barrier, foam padding and then bamboo
veneer snaplock after that. I imagine the surface needs to be
reasonably level? I'm not sure how much I can get away with leaving on
the concrete.

The glue seems to be a yellow colour and kind of gummy like chewing
gum. Alone I can get it off the concrete at least.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Melanie