Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hayard Inground Pool Pump Runs but No Pressure

Bob wrote:
"MonkeyMan" wrote in message
oups.com...
Today I came home from work and noticed that it looked like the pump
was not on. Which is odd because its on a timer. I went out to the
filter and the pump is certainly on and running but it is not
circulating any water and there is no pressure reading on the filter.
Could the Impeller be bad or maybe a broken shaft? Has this happened to
anyone out there? Can I disassemble and replace parts or do I have to
get a whole new pump?

You can probably find a manual on the Hayward site.

Bob

Is it possible it's air locked? I've had that happen on my spa. I
guess it's possible the impeller could be broken and the shaft just
spinning, but that doesn't seem likely. In any case, these pumps
generally have seals and impellers that can be replaced.