Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown PipeDown is offline

Default Pearls of your Craft...

"daclark" wrote in message
ups.com...

PipeDown wrote:

Skip the apprenticeship and go to college and become an Engineer instead.

Apprenticeship will make better engineers. I anticipate a large
percentage will go on to higher educations, and will have the advantage
of practical knowledge as foundation to the theoretical theories or
hypotheses...

Well you can start that way and do it in series but in the end, it is an
Either/OR choice. Ultimately the two jobs are very differnt. Engineering is
not always as hands on as a trade. I also appreciate that the choice is not
easy or practical for many individuals.

Many "born to be" engineers complete their apprenticeship (gain essential
skills and concepts) in the form of a hobby while in high school.