Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] electricitym@yahoo.com is offline

Default Testing an Electric Blanket

James:
About 5 years ago I had a blanket that woke up both my wife and I with
what appeared to be dim lightning flashes in the room.... it turned
out that a short circuit or loose connection developed inside the
blanket. When we turned on the lights to investigate there was a
burnt spot on the blanket and we could hear a snapping sound. Even
thought the blanket was well past it's warranty and we had no receipt,
the service center we sent it to REPLACED with a new one, NO
CHARGE...... so from now on we are quite alert as to possible
problems.... and yes, we still use an electric blanket on our bed.
electricitym
..
..