Posted to sci.electronics.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default Isn't This Just Weird?

Ron wrote:

Hi, All;

I had been getting interference on channel 6, probably due to the local
radio stations transmitting on 88 MHz, so I went out and bought a
[cheap] FM filter. The filter worked pretty well to clear up the noise
on ch. 6 but it blocked all of the upper channels past six.

So I removed the filter, put everything back the way it was, and I
thought everything would be fine. Ha! The video went bad on all
stations and the VCR is totally useless. Well, actually, it's a
combined VCR/DVD player and while the VCR is so much crap the DVD
player still works perfectly. Has anybody ever heard of a VCR going bad
because of a $5.00 filter that was only installed for a few minutes?

Ron

You probably smushed (technical term g) one of your cables in the
process.