Leo Lichtman

Default Tanker accident

Jon Elson wrote: (clip) While the release of tons of liquid Nitrogen onto a
road would not technically be an explosion, it could still release a HUGE
amount of gas pretty suddenly. I sure wouldn't want to be anywhere near it
if the tank cracked or if a safety relief valve that happend to be under the
liquid level was forced to open.(clip)
I sure wouldn't stand around gawking. It seems to me the real danger from
this "explosion" would not be nitrogen narcosis or asphyxiation, but
frostbite or outright freezing. How would you like to be in the path of an
expanding, boiling mass of liquid nitrogen?