Newbie_Neil

Default How do I wire a double socket?

Hi all

I have searched on the site and I cannot find the answer to such a
basic question.

I am going to put a ring main into my garage and then get an
electrician to check out my work and connect to the consumer unit. My
problem is that the double sockets I have bought do not have the same
number of connectors as the existing sockets in the house.

The double sockets are in the Screwfix metal clad range. Looking at
the back of the double socket the connectors are as follows: -

Earth/Live on the left hand side
Neutral/Earth on the right
Earth on the backing plate?

"Earth/Live on the left hand side"
I assume this is the incoming earth and both live cables?

"Neutral/Earth on the right"
I assume this is both neutral cables and the outgoing earth?

"Earth on the backing plate?"
What goes here?

Thanks, in advance, for your assistance.

Cheers
Neil