das

Default Lathe accuracy

Ahh yes the warm-up period. When I worked at an aerospace contractor all the
union guys wanted to work in grinding or the toolroom. They would get to
work at 6 am, turn on the spindles and go have coffee for 45 minutes so
their machines could "warm up". I think they pushed it just a bit.

ds

Even in my production days we were expected to turn to tenths with a
Hardinge turret machine, and it took a lot of tinkering and adjustment.

With
turret tooling you make you adjustments one time and lock it in. Plus we

had
to let the machine run for awhile and let the bearings reach operating
temperature.