Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default DIY led guide

Arfa Daily wrote:
snip
My attitude is that its ok to reply to someone's request for a part or
service, but not to post blatant ads. If someone requests a source for,
say, a transistor or IC they need, there should be no problem for
someone to post a message stating, "Yes, we have XX in stock, and the
price is $x.xx each, plus shipping (And stating which country's currency
the price is in)" or something in that vein. That is participating in
the newsgroup, but the ones that loudly proclaim, "We have every part
ever made and you will never be able to deal with anyone else" are just
low life spammers.

Yes, I think that sums it up quite well.

Yes it does, with the caveat that the subject line be scrupulously
honest. In this case, the post promised 'information' when in fact, the
site was specifically designed to 'sell', not inform.

jak

Arfa