Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch Arch is offline

Default Sanding is like smoking cigars

No need trying to put on airs, Gerald. We all know you started with
grape vine, upgraded to rabbit tobacco, then on to sweepings from
covered bridges. Store bought stogies indeed! When wings went to 14
cents a pack, it was bull durham and cigarette paper for me, but sick as
I've ever been was after swallowing a Brown's mule chew. That's when I
quit.

The Japanese use bundles of 'end grain' reed instead of sandpaper to
smooth their kokechi dolls. If you saved any King Edwards stubs, you
might want to try one on your next spindle.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter