clare @ snyder.on .ca

Default Initial fill (should have looked before I asked)

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 19:40:24 -0800, "lane"
lane_nospam@copperaccents_dot_com wrote:

Well I can buy the reasoning behind it, but at 25 a whack is out of
line. I'll carry it to the dealer that I usually use to get my fills.
These others were on my way home and I stopped by to see about getting
it filled. The others I called on the phone, as my regular dealer is
closed today after 12 noon. He has been in business for 49 years now,
so he should know what the story is and how to handle it.

I pay $7.35 for a 20# refill from this fellow. But if there is propane
in the tank he will weigh it and only charge you for what he puts in
it, unlike the others that you pay a flat fee regardless of how much
may be left in it. Thats one reason I was going to get it filled at
the other places as my dealer is further away and these were on my way
and the tank was empty anyhow. I sure don;t know how folks pay those
high prices at places like Lowes and wally world for 20# refills.

Weight it? Flat fee? I've never had either of these done. Every place I've
had propane tanks filled had a meter on the filling hose and measured what
went in.

Lane

By LAW a tank without an overfill protection device MUST be filled by
weight. It may only be filled to 80% of it's capacity. Now the fuel
may be metered, and charged by the standard litre - but MOST places
filling BarBQ and recreational tanks charge a flat rate for refills -
it's up to $11 Canadian most places here now, and a lot charge more
than that. Minimum 3 times what you pay for motor fuel propane.
Ripoff.
And the purge on a new tank is MANDATORY. Not optional.