Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] bamboo@localnet.com is offline

Default Installing an air conditioner in vinyl window

Put a support block of wood so the weight does not rest on the vinyl.
Use white duct tape to hold the wings of the ac open and sealed.
Dugie wrote:
Hi,

We have new vinyl windows, and want to re-install our Fedders window A/C in
a vertical double-hung window, for which the unit is made.
It was easy with the older windows. I just used a wood frame and screws.

Using screws in the new vinyl window may cause permanent damage, so I need
another method.
The A/C unit is small, about 5K BTU. The usable window opening is 21.1" wide
x 13.7" high (53.6 cm wide x 34.7 cm high), large enough to accept the A/C
unit.

Does anyone have suggestions?
Thanks!

Dugie