Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Solenoid Valve Wiring

professorpaul wrote:
wrote:
I need help wiring a 110 volt solenoid vavle. It has two wires both
red. I want to put a basic 3 prong plug to work off a controller that I
have. Can someone help me?

Easy. Get a length of flexible cord with black/white/green. White goes
to large flat prong, black to small flat prong, green to round prong.

At the other end, black to one red wire, white to the other red wire,
and the green (ground) to the frame of the solinoid.

To make the point explicit for OP, being as it's an AC-powered solenoid
the reason there are two undifferentiated power leads is that polarity
is immaterial...either way is fine.