Posted to alt.home.repair
higgledy higgledy is offline

Default attic ventilation

I agree for 2-story houses. But, I have a ranch house with a steep
sloped roof. I think it will be a lot more obvious on my house than on
a two story house.
Bob M. wrote:
"higgledy" wrote in message
ups.com...
My roof lacks sufficient soffit vents. Can this remedied? We have 3
gable vents near the ridge, too. We are reroofing and thinking of
adding attic exhaust fan(s), I want to avoid ridge vents. I know ridge
vents work great but I don't like the look.

Don't like the look? Hell, you can hardly see a ridge vent. The attic
exhaust fans you want are MUCH more obvious than a ridge vent.