Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
robo hippy robo hippy is offline

Default help identifying wood

My first thought was locust, or possibly Osage, but kind of hard to
tell without seeing and feeling it in person. I do end up with some
pieces that I can't remember what they are, or don't know, and will
tell the customers that it is 'fire wood'.
robo hippy
Arch wrote:
Hi Irwin, I understand that you and your customers prefer to know. Just
for fun, not meaning to be smartass, here's two comforting classics
paraphrased: "A blank is a blank, is a blank" "Wood by any other name
turns as sweet" ...and my suggestion: "Turn it, don't name it!"

Choose whatever name pleases you", (I often choose "******* wood")
Most people will believe you, the few that don't just give your very
nice work more publicity". I don't expect this to help.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter