Carl West

Default Bullets falling back to earth

Doug Smith wrote:

In article ,
says...
Can the New Jersey shoot straight up?

Well, if the gun's stabilization was turned off and the gun was aimed to
as high an angle as possible and the ship was wallowing in a heavy,
beam-on, sea and the guy on the trigger was really good then, maybe.

But then, down below in the shop, the lathe would NOT be level! [The
Horror.....]

Firing a 16" at that much roll?
Wouldn't that present a serious danger of getting said lathe wet? Along with everything else?
--

If you try to 'reply' to me without fixing the dot, your reply
will go into a 'special' mailbox reserved for spam. See below.

--
Carl West
http://carl.west.home.comcast.net

change the 'DOT' to '.' to email me

If I had six hours to chop down a tree,
I'd spend the first four sharpening the axe.
- Abraham Lincoln