Posted to alt.home.repair
Mrs.Rose Mrs.Rose is offline

Default Property Survey

I am trying to get a copy of the last property survey done in my home.
Can anyone give me advice as to how I can do this? I got a copy of the
plat from the court house and I found out it's not what I need because
it contains the whole subdivision. I am the second owner and I can't
contact the previous owner since he moved out of state. When I bought
my home I don't believe there was a survey done. (I couldn't find a
copy of one in my closing documents from 12 years ago) Is there a
possibility that one doesn't exist? Or could it be possible that one
was done when the house was built back in 1981? Where would I find this
info? Please help! Mrs. Rose