Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] nospambob@vcoms.net is offline

Default Musty smell in old furniture

Zinsser Seal Coat all interior surfaces.

On 23 Jul 2006 21:04:49 -0700, wrote:

Leon wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

Just bought a very nice dresser, but it has that old musty smell.

Are there good ways of getting rid of it?

Thank you very much!

Aaron Fude

Lowe's sells a product called Natural Magic. It is in a round plastic jar
about 3" wide and 3" tall. It contains an odor absorbing gel. Stick one
inside the piece and leave it a few days. Costs about $4.

Stupid simple!

Thank you for the suggestions.
I will probably go with this suggestion, but I'm wondering whether the
smell would come back when the jar is removed. Sounds like it
eliminates the odor rather than the cause of the odor.