Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default So the wires go on the inside....

"Bob" wrote in message
ups.com...

Eigenvector wrote:
"MDT at Paragon Home Inspections, LLC"
wrote in message
ups.com...

I guess my question is, and I will get an inspector for this job as
well,
but the wires should be routed through the middle of the wall stud -
correct?

Through the middle of he stud, nail plate required when cable is
1-1/4in. of stud edge.

So if the nail plates go on the outside of the stud, does that effect how
the wallboard sits.

They're thin enough where you won't even notice it.

Is drywall over basement walls in Washington a good idea? I would
think it may trap moisture.

Bob

Maybe I should have clarified, but it is the staircase that leads to the
basement that needs the drywall.

BTW: Since you mentioned it, assuming moisture is a problem, what else
would you put on the walls to cover up the studs and wiring?