Posted to alt.home.repair
kevin kevin is offline

Default So the wires go on the inside....

Eigenvector wrote:
"MDT at Paragon Home Inspections, LLC"
wrote in message
ups.com...

I guess my question is, and I will get an inspector for this job as well,
but the wires should be routed through the middle of the wall stud -
correct?

Through the middle of he stud, nail plate required when cable is
1-1/4in. of stud edge.

So if the nail plates go on the outside of the stud, does that effect how
the wallboard sits.

Nah. Only if you get real unlucky and have one board end just on the
plate, and the next board not hit at all, resulting in a little 1mm
drop between boards. In that case, just stick a second plate under the
other board. Otherwise, the boards are plenty flexible to get around a
1mm bump with no noticeable change.