Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] intrepid_dw@hotmail.com is offline

Default Is it possible to replace twist-drain with trip lever?

Hi, all..

I have a seven-year-old home, purchased new, and discovered that the
bottom part of the tub drain in the kids' bathroom has literally broken
out, thus leaving no place to secure the shaft around which the
twist-drain pivots.

Because I must remove (somehow) that drain, I'd very much like to
replace the assembly with a trip-lever type. However, as I've tried to
read about this topic in various places, I'm not sure it's even
possible.

If it is possible, I'd appreciate any tips or information on how to get
this accomplished.

Thanks,
-intrepid

ps Please reply to group; email is long dead.