Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default So the wires go on the inside....

Yes
"Eigenvector" wrote in message
I was poking around my basement, made all the more attractive now that
Seattle has broken 100 for 3 days straight (yeah I don't want to hear it
from all you hot climate people). Anyway I was contemplating putting up
some drywall, seeing as the walls don't have any. I noticed however that
the previous owner didn't bother to run the romex through the boards, but
rather stapled it on the side the drywall should go. I trust that I'll
have to pull that wire and re-route it through the studs before putting up
drywall.

I guess my question is, and I will get an inspector for this job as well,
but the wires should be routed through the middle of the wall stud -
correct?