Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Frost free fridge freezer: where is it??

James Sweet wrote:
wrote:
Hi

Where is the defrost timer on a Hotpoint FF08P frost free fridge
freezer? I've looked everywhere but cant find it.

There is a 'Hotpoint Defrost stat & Fuse N1548' with 4 wires, but
presumably that ends the defrost cycle rather than initiates it, since
its a stat not a timer. There are 2 other similar looking blocks, each
with 2 wires, but what they are I dont know. 2 wires doesnt say timer
to me though.

Am trying to fix one where the freezer wont chill, fan doesnt run, no
volts getting to the fan, but googling hasnt thrown up any cct diagram,
manual, etc, so am left guessing a bit.

thanks, NT

ps have checked the repairfaq, have googled

Usually it's under the floorpan of the freezer.

ty. Is it accessed by removing the interior L shaped floorpan? I guess
I'll try that anyway, soon as I get the time.

NT