Posted to alt.home.repair
pipedown pipedown is offline

Default Monk goof

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
klaatu wrote:
Did anyone else see the GFI goof on Monk Friday?
The ground wire was cut in the box that caused an
electrocution when water and a hair dryer got on the floor.
Seems to me that a GFI would trip with no ground.
Mine do.

I caught that when they first showed it, but then later they said a wire
was loose and I assumed it was the neutral wire. (I'm still not convinced
that it wouldn't trip) What would happen if you wired the hot wire to the
"LOAD" side and left the neutral disconnected? Would that energize the
hot side of the receptacle even if the device was tripped?

Bob

I guess they can't all be PhDs in math like the Simpsons Writers
http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20060610/bob8.asp

http://www.mathsci.appstate.edu/~sjg/simpsonsmath/