Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default summer fan

wrote:
I have a summer fan on my forced air furnace. It can be turned on to
blow fresh air into the house. I am thinking about replacing the fan
wih one that will turn blow in both directions so that at night I can
blow hot air out of the house. My brother has a whole house fan that
cools the house very well. Does anyone have an opinion about whether
reversing the summer fan will have a similar effect?

Well, there may be situations where it may be helpful to blow the air
both directions, but I should point out that you can not just blow air into
or out of your home. For each unit of air that you blow in, the same amount
of air is blown out. Like wise for every unit of air blown out of your home
there is an equal amount of air coming in.

I am not sure what kind of fan you are talking about, but if it is
blowing fresh air into your home, then opening a few windows so the air
there can escape easier, will increase the total amount of air moved.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit