BigWallop

Default thin (3.5mm) wood for making small (e.g. 30mm) tiles?

"Chris Nellist" wrote in
message ...
"BigWallop" wrote in
:

"Dave Gibson" wrote in message

"Chris Nellist"
wrote in message ...
"BigWallop" wrote in
:

"Chris Nellist"
wrote in message ...
"BigWallop" wrote in
:

"Chris Nellist"
wrote in
message ...

Some of them are unpainted. If a photo will help identify what wood
they are made of, please click he

http://www.geocities.com/chrispnellist/tiles.jpg

If I can find out what wood it is, I'll be halfway there, because
it would be great to make them out of the same material. They are
very strong...

They look like beech to me. Your ruler is probably boxwood.

I would concur with that.

Does beech fit with the strength? I think I could snap one if I tried
very hard, but they are easily strong enough to do the job.

Chris

Beech is a natural hardwood and these tiles you show in the photograph are
very like the grain pattern of beech. A bit like this :

http://www.wood-stock.co.uk/images/beech1.jpg

---
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com