John Ings

Default Tanker accident

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 15:23:03 -0500, Tom Quackenbush
wrote:

I just heard on New Hampshire Public Radio that Rt 89 was closed down because a
tanker filled with liquid nitrogen had gone off the road. The road was closed
because of the danger of explosion!

Sigh.....

I'm not qualified to comment on the explosion danger (although I
found Ian's response interesting), but I'm wondering if you know
whereabouts on I89 the accident occurred?

I don't want to be anywhere near a large discharge of LN2.
Never mind the explosion hazard, what do you plan on breathing?

Remember the climax of the movie Terminator 2? After that tanker
burst, a nitrogen atmosphere may not have bothered Arnie, but what was
everybody else using for a source of oxygen?

## Your CA governor can beat my premier-- and I wish he would!