Loren Coe

Default Building Shelves, Load rating for wood 2X4(?)

In article , Fitch R Williams wrote:
Loren Coe wrote:

ps. aren't you going to miss the Great NW? a brother and grandfather
both worked for Boing, the So. Seattle plant.

If i lived up there, I might not leave. As it is, I live in Southern
California, work for Boeing Canoga Park (AKA Rocketdyne, AKA Rockwell
International Rocketdyne Division, once upon a time, not too long
ago). So Cal isn't a very good place to retire to. The heat in the
summer, up here where I am, is harder to live with than the PA winter.
Fitch

okay, i understand (i think). so you are in the 'Valley'?. having lived
in both So. and Northern California from 1961-1978 (more or less became
an "adult" during military service) it still seems like a good state to
retire to. the population pressures and traffic seems like the killers,
but you would have more options, right?

however, if you are missing the "season's", there is _nothing_ to do but
"go back", maybe later to regret. been there (not as retired). my oldest
brother retired to Montana from some reason only he and wife knows. a little
unsure at first, he seems to have adapted (to harder winters). i guess
the phrase is "cabin fever". not the same as in past deckades, tho. i find
that i enjoy the few cold spells we get here, since retiring. (Dallas-Plano)

Regards, --Loren