Posted to rec.woodworking
Lowell Holmes Lowell Holmes is offline

Default Shaker and Mission?

"Leon" wrote in message
.com...

snip

IMHO Shaker is a more simple looking design and tends to look lighter
weight and the chairs tend to have a lot of spindles. Mission looks
heavier, a little more complex visually, and typically built with Oak.

I would like to try something in the Greene and Greene style. I would not
use an abundance of inlays though. It is a compromise between Mission (aka
Craftsman, Stickley, and such) and Shaker. I'm not implying that there is
Shaker influence in G&G. I find Craftsman style to be a little heavy for my
taste, but I have a strong respect for the style and there are pieces I
like. I tend to like the pieces done in cherry.