Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] NotMe@nothere-like.net is offline

Default New toilet - what to bed onto?

I am about to install a WC onto a smooth concrete floor so this
silicone method sounds good.
However ther seem to be loads of 'types' of silicone (builder's,
sanitary, high modulus, low modulus, general purpose, etc)
so which type do you recommend?

On 21 Jul 2006 02:30:30 -0700, "Mathew Newton"
wrote:

sm_jamieson wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
F wrote:
A new toilet is to go on top of ceramic tiles. What do I put between
them?

Silicone?

The previous one had mortar between it and the concrete floor.

TIA.

Silicone will do nicley,as its only to form a barrier should you miss?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Ceramic pan on ceramic tiles, might "grind" a little, since the bottom
of the pan is rarely completely flat, so the bedding is not just a
protection against the poorly aiming man.

Or very[1] poor aiming woman.

Mathew

[1] aka '**** poor' ;-)