Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sparks Sparks is offline

Default Armour cable

"Andy Wade" wrote in message
John Rumm wrote:

From the measurements I have taken from my installation (heavy clay soil)
a 4' rod will give a resoanably consistent 11 - 13 ohms year round.

I'd say that's exceptionally low for a single 4 ft. 50 - 100 ohms is more
common, so you've clearly got very good soil.

For my workshop & shed installations I've got two 8 footers in parallel
(one of them deliberately near a soakaway) and find a consistent 7.5 to 8
ohms.
--
Andy

Sorry to butt-in here, but can you tell me how you measure earth rods?
What do you use to do the measuring, and what is the other test lead
connected to?

Ta :-)