Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D Dave D is offline

Default 12V DC to 9V DC

"Bart Bervoets" wrote in message

You may find the speakers work just fine at 12V ( or more like 13.8V or
higher if we're discussing a car's power supply), it's up to you whether
you want to risk finding out!

Rather not, i will build that litte circuit.
The transformer has 9V for a reason.

Bart Bervoets

Well, I thought you were wanting advice, but clearly you know what you're
doing so I'll let you get on with it!

OK, I'm kidding, but really, if you are so sure that the audio circuits in
question are not capable of running at 12V then surely you are up to
building a simple regulator circuit consisting of only three components?

I'll bet if you look at the datasheet for the audio IC in your equipment
you'll find it is designed for at least automotive voltages, and I'll bet
your Creative speakers use a circuit design fairly close to the
manufacturer's recommended circuit on the datasheet.

Also, as Dave Plowman rightly points out, the adapter that came with your
speakers will in all likelyhood be unregulated, and you'll probably find it
puts out well over 9V off load, maybe as high as 16V!

Dave