Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
JD JD is offline

Default Pictures. To post or not to post. Musing about the option.

Just a thought, no accusations being made here.

Just because someone posts a picture on the web and says they made
whatever is in the picture, is it a true statement?

If I were a dishonest individual and wanted to blow smoke up someones
tail pipe, I could go to Leo or Arch's website, left click and copy the
images they might have there and then show them to someone in a chat
room and say they are mine, does that mean they are?

I could go to a craft or trade show and take pictures of one of the
local artisans at work and claim on the posting that it was me, was it?

Look, I'm just a backwoods kid from south central Kentucky, and I've
never been accused of being smart. If someone is so shallow minded that
they think a picture is going to truley show them how good someone else
is at turning, they should get their head checked. I'm not a master at
wood turning and I know that. I know just enough about this to be
dangerous at it, but I can tell when I read some of the advice on this
site as to whether someone else knows what they are talking about. I
can view their websites (if they aren't lying) and see what they can
teach me there. If a picture is all it takes to make me a master
turner, let me get my camera out and start snapping a few shots of me
making piles of saw dust in the shop, cause that I know I can do.

Thanks Arch, your insight into things make me think. I enjoy your
thoughts and muses.

JD