Posted to uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Problem with Waste Plumbing For Both Dishwasher And Washing Machine

On 2006-07-23 15:47:18 +0100, The Natural Philosopher said:

I hate these ruddy standpipes. NO idea why we use em.

Because McAlpine make them in response to a lunch they had at the
Building Research Establishment.

I 'hard wired' mine into the plumbing before a sink trap.

Anyone know why we cant 'hard wire' the washing machines as well?

You can. In fact Franke and others make a sink waste with two
spigotty thingies. One for the DW and one for another appliance. A
WMC delivers a lot more water so I reckon it's a Good Thing to feed in
before a trap on the sink.