Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y
Sam Goldwasser Sam Goldwasser is offline

Default Frost free fridge freezer: where is it??

writes:

lsmartino wrote:
Andy ha escrito:

I dunno but I've heard that Beko's are rebadged Hotpoints.
The reason I mentioned this is that my Beko has a couple of times
got bogged down in a defrost cycle where it refuses to finish the defro=

st,
and the whole freezer compartment idles along at about 0C for days,
defrosting all the food.
I've not quite worked out the mechanism, but the answer is to take all =

the
food out of the freezer, and the drawers, take the panel off the back, =

and
defrost the heatexchanger and thermostatic switch manually, takes 5 min=

utes
with a hairdryer. You don't even need to take the back panel off, just =

blow
hot air in the fan aperture for 5 minutes. Maybe you have the same prob=

lem I
did, worth
a try,

Andy.

In your case, the problem is that your freezer DOESN=B4T initiates a
defrost cicle, so there is a frost buildup which blocks the airflow
through the evaporator. That=B4s why the food thaws, and that=B4s why the
hairdryer trick works, because you are manually defrosting the
evaporator, and restoring the airflow through it.

Makes me think, I'll have to check but in my case I dont think the
defrost element was on, suggesting it may not be the defrost timer at
fault.

That's the point. It wasn't being turned on so frost built up over a week
or two and is blocking airflow now so little cooling in the freezer section.
A classic.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:
http://www.repairfaq.org/