Posted to alt.home.repair
mndean mndean is offline

Default Afternoon sun tripping breaker.

Hi Everyone,.
It seems whenever the temperature gets over 100 degrees or so, a
particular breaker in my house will trip if even a slight load is put
on it. The breaker box is being directly hit by the sun in the
afternoons, and it seems that if I attempt to cool the box, this cures
the problem temporarily. The problem will go away as soon as the sun is
low enough so the box is in shade. Is this a faulty breaker? I'm not an
electrician, so how much would it be $-wise for an electrician to come
out and fix this? Thanks for any help you could give me in this!

--
mndean