Posted to alt.home.repair
Old_Boat Old_Boat is offline

Default dehumidifier running hot

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi--
One of my dehumidifiers, a Sears model that's about 10 years old, gets
very hot when it runs. I believe it's the fan motor, not the compressor
motor, that heats up. The plug gets hot as well. I've oiled the motor,
but that had no effect. The humidifier functions fine, but it
definitely gets hotter than it should. Any ideas on what could be
causing this, and what I could do about it?
Thanks in advance...
Eric

I had the same problem with a sears dehumidifier that had a moulded plug on
the cord. I replaced the plug with a heavy duty one and the plug quit
getting hot. The dehumidifier still runs hot though.

LJ